2. Who is responsible for data processing?
This is the relevant information of the Data Controller of the personal data that it processes and is provided by users:
|Identitat||FUNDACIÓ INSTITUT D’ESTUDIS ESPACIALS DE CATALUNYA (hereinafter IEEC)|
Gran Capità, 2-4, Nexus Building, office 201
|Telephone||+34 93 280 20 88|
3. What is the legitimacy for the processing of data?
The legal basis for the processing of the data is the execution of the form on the website of ODM (“Contact”). This form is made by the interested party and thereby gives their full consent for the processing of their personal data. These data will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and with the sole purpose of managing the relationships we establish with users through the ODM website.
4. What information do we process?
The information that we receive from users or that they share, and that will be treated with the utmost confidentiality, is treated and managed as explained below.
a) Information that users provide us directly: IEEC collects and stores certain information that the user enters on the Web, through the following section / form.
|“Contact”||The information that the user provides us when completing each of these forms, that is, name, surname, telephone and email.||Identification data.|
b) Information that users provide to us indirectly:
|Own and third-party cookies||IEEC uses its own and third-party cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. To do this, but is not limited to, it collects the following information, the type of browser, the operating system, including the content you consult and the time of day you do so, as well as the online identifier (i.e. the IP assigned to your device).|
Data derived from identifying cookies.
Data derived from navigation.
4.1. Data quality: The user must guarantee, both against IEEC and against third parties, the quality of the information and personal data provided through the ODM website. This implies that all personal data and information provided must be real, truthful, updated and belong to the user and not to third parties. In the event that they belong to third parties, we understand that it is through your consent and we request that said third party be invited to know our legal texts as soon as possible.
4.2. Modification of data: The user must notify IEEC of any modification that occurs in the personal data provided, responding in any case to the veracity and accuracy of the data provided at all times.
5. For what purpose do we process the data?
|Communication of data to third parties (exceptions)|
|Own and third-party cookies|
6. How long will we keep the data?
Your personal data will be anonymized or deleted onceit is no longer relevant to the purposes for which it was collected.
7. To which recipients is the data communicated?
The personal data that IEEC collects will be exclusively used to achieve the object defined on the ODM website. To achieve this objective and the correct provision of the service, ODM may share certain personal data of users:
- Upon legal request, IEEC may share information with bodies of executive authorities and/or third parties regarding requests for information relating to criminal investigations and alleged illegal activities.
8. Can international data transfers be made?
In the event that we transfer your personal data to a third country, i.e. a country outside the European Economic Area (the countries of the European Union plus Liechtenstein, Iceland and Norway) or which does not have an adequate level of recognised data protection, we will comply with all laws applicable to such transfer, including ensuring that your personal data is kept secure and the presence of safeguards to ensure there is adequate protection. For this, IEEC will use Standard Contractual Clauses of data protection adopted by the European Commission.
9. What rights does the user have regarding the data provided?
The user may exercise the following rights before IEEC:
- Right to rectification: the user has the right to have their information corrected (inaccurate data) in case it is incorrect or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: It is also known as “right to be forgotten” and, ultimately, allows you to request the deletion or deletion of your information when the data is no longer necessary for the purposes that were collected. This is not a general right of erasure; there are exceptions.
- Right to limit processing: the user has rights that allow him to “block” or prevent further use of his information. Where processing is restricted, we will only retain your information for the exercise or defence of legal claims. We also maintain lists of users who have requested to “block” their information from further use to ensure that the restriction is respected in the future.
- Right to data portability: the user has rights that allow him to obtain and reuse his personal data for his own purposes in different services.
- Right to object: the user has the right to object to certain types of processing, including processing for direct marketing purposes. Except for compelling legitimate reasons, or the exercise or defense of possible claims.
The exercise of the aforementioned rights is very personal, so it will be necessary for the user to prove their identity.
To exercise the aforementioned rights provided for in the legislation, the user can contact IEEC through the email email@example.com or by writing to the address listed in section 1 of this Policy. The communication shall contain the following data and documents:
- Name and surname of the interested party, attaching a photocopy of the DNI or other valid document that identifies him and, where appropriate, of the person who represents him; The use of electronic signatures will exempt the presentation of these documents.
- Indicació del domicili de l’interessat i petició en què es concreta la sol·licitud (el dret que es pretén exercitar).
- Indication of the domicile of the interested party and request in which the request is specified (the right that is intended to be exercised).
The user will also have the right to file a claim with the corresponding Control Authority / Spanish Agency for Data Protection (www.aepd.es), when he deems it appropriate.
10. How do we protect our users’ data?
IEEC informs the user that it has adopted the necessary technical and organizational measures required by current regulations on Data Protection to guarantee the security of their data, in order to avoid alteration, loss, access or unauthorized treatment thereof.
As mentioned, the personal data provided by users through the ODM website will not be transferred to other entities or companies to be used for their own purposes. However, some companies subcontracted by ODM may have access to personal data and information, always under the exclusive control of IEEC, with the sole purpose of providing a service necessary for the proper functioning of the ODM Website.
12. Applicable law
This Policy will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with Spanish law, as well as the resolution of any controversy or divergence related to this website. The use of the services of this website implies the express acceptance of the Spanish jurisdiction.
Date of last update: November 2022.